[Gambas-user] Timer Tag property

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Apr 9 19:48:12 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 April 2004 17:49, Rob wrote:
> On Friday 09 April 2004 03:31, Dimitri Bellini wrote:
> > I have try to create a class for my new Timer but i cant find
> > or cant able to find an example of How Create a Class and add
> > my property in it... I have try with this code:
>
> You right click on the Gambas project tree and go "New -> Class".
> Unfortunately, I tried to make a class that inherited Timer by
> adding
>
> INHERITS Timer
>
> as the first line of the class, but it tells me "INHERITS needs
> an identifier".  I haven't had time to look at the source code
> to figure out exactly what the syntax is....
>
> Rob

Argh ! This is a "bug" in the compiler. It interprets Timer as a subroutine
name instead of an identifier. Which is stupid in this context...

So, I'm compelled to reveal the second undocumented Gambas feature :-)

Put Timer between braces: {Timer}
This will force the compiler to interpret Timer as an identifier.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...