[Gambas-user] new font class behavior is broken

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Apr 3 19:18:08 CEST 2004

According to the changelog for 0.92,

"The Font class became a true class. Consequently,
Control.Font.Bold = TRUE does not change the control font
anymore. You must use an intermediate Font variable:
DIM hFont as Font
hFont = MyControl.Font
hFont.Bold = TRUE
MyControl.Font = hFont"

You could already dim hFont as Font, so I don't understand why it
wasn't a "true class" before, and why we need this new,
cumbersome syntax now.  There are lots of other instances when
non-virtual classes can be used as virtual if they're returned
as a property value, and I don't see Control or Picture as not
being "true" classes for example.

What is the underlying reason for this change?  And wasn't this
supposed to just be a bug fix release, anyway?

Rob