[Gambas-user] Coding problem

Fabien3D creafab at ...402...
Fri Apr 2 23:19:34 CEST 2004

I've got a problem, maybe very simple !

On VB, there were several ways to load a picture to know its dimensions :
True. Retrieving the dimensions of the picture was just about knowing the
dimensions of the Image control.

	2. Creating a device context (CreateObject, CreateCompatibleDC, SelectObject,
DeleteObject), loading the picture in this device context ad retrieving the
dimensions of the device context.

In Gambas, as a newbie, things seem similar... but different. I suppose I have
to create a class of a picture, load the image into it, and retrieve the
dimensions. But I have some problems in loading the image in the class ! This
is the code :

' Gambas class file
PUBLIC SUB Main()

  hImage AS Picture

  hImage = NEW hImage

  hImage.Picture = Picture["/home/fabien/Economiseur_ecran/Panoramique
Uluru_1.jpg"]
  hImage.Visible = TRUE
END

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()

  pcbScreenSaver.Left = 0
  pcbScreenSaver.Top = 0

  pcbScreenSaver.Picture = hImage.Picture
END

I know the last line is wrong. But how can I get the result suggested by the
code of this line ?

--
Fabien3D

CREAFab, la création numérique autrement...
http://creafab.free.fr