[Gambas-user] IDE Extention.

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Wed Sep 10 19:31:28 CEST 2003

Le Mercredi 3 Septembre 2003 06:22, R Onstenk a écrit :
> First I take the content form
> /usr/local/src/gambas-0.65a/app/Gambas  and put it in
> /opt/gambas/share/gambas.
>
> Then I add a little bit helping code in one of the forms.
> For v0.65 in my bin directory the size is 840kb.
> Then I compile and make executable of it and it was 1000kb.

No idea why. The 'executable' is just an archive of the project without the
source code. Maybe did you add images or data files ?

> So here was something wrong. I reread and removed comments.

That will change nothing.

> Changed in my code the 'if ... then <1 statement> endif' to
> single line 'if ... then <statement>' and

Idem.

> dropped some temp
> variable used for control properties.

That can change a little thing.

> Compiling now was 717kb
>
> Are there some settings I have to look for and is there a
> guide line how to make a compact result.

Did you check "form controls are public" or "keep debugging information in
executable" ? These two options have an impact on the executable size. And,
of course, adding data or images files in the project.

> I know i.e. a global Float[10000] is asking for space.

Not in the executable (except the variable declaration).

> But my code are several subs called if a condition flag is set.
>
> In short, is copy gambas source dir from the installed .bz2 source
> to the example dir, edit something, build the result file and copy
> the result to the normal bin the proper way?

I don't understand. The proper way for doing what ?

> BTW the version info in the 0.65a .project is 0.62.56

This must be updated by hand, and I forget it regularly.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...