[Gambas-user] IDE Extention.

R Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Wed Sep 3 06:22:53 CEST 2003

First I take the content form
/usr/local/src/gambas-0.65a/app/Gambas  and put it in
/opt/gambas/share/gambas.

Then I add a little bit helping code in one of the forms.
For v0.65 in my bin directory the size is 840kb.
Then I compile and make executable of it and it was 1000kb.
So here was something wrong. I reread and removed comments.
Changed in my code the 'if ... then <1 statement> endif' to
single line 'if ... then <statement>' and dropped some temp
variable used for control properties. Compiling now was 717kb

Are there some settings I have to look for and is there a
guide line how to make a compact result.
I know i.e. a global Float[10000] is asking for space.
But my code are several subs called if a condition flag is set.

In short, is copy gambas source dir from the installed .bz2 source
to the example dir, edit something, build the result file and copy
the result to the normal bin the proper way?

BTW the version info in the 0.65a .project is 0.62.56