[Gambas-user] please don't take away the cancelling events thing :)

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Oct 2 00:45:44 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 18:16, Nelson Ferraz wrote:
> I liked the new OO-approach, but... is it really necessary? I
> mean, it's a big departure from the VB style.
> I'd rather keep the RETURN FALSE feature.

Since the VB style of cancelling events (which is only available
in a few event handlers) is to set a ByRef argument called
Cancel to true, we're going to be departing from VB style no
matter how we do it.

I have to admit that RETURN TRUE to cancel an event makes a lot
of sense to me now that I know about it (though if the IDE
automagically created event subs as functions so I didn't have
to manually edit each one, it'd help) but making it more obvious
to new users (the "CANCEL EVENT" syntactic sugar) is a good
idea, I think.

Rob