[Gambas-user] A little of Gambas Code

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Nov 20 16:04:51 CET 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 07:04, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> A better thing could be modifying the QT component so that it
> manages an internal scale for every control coordinates. This
> scale would depends on the size of the default system font and
> the size of the font used to create the interface in the IDE.

As long as it doesn't do that all the time; if your dialog is a
bunch of buttons and checkboxes, sure, but for example if you're
writing a text editor you'll want the editor widget to grow (but
the font to stay the same) while the other widgets retain their
size, more or less.

I think implementing some of the Qt layout widgets could go a
long way towards making this easier, and maybe optionally the
ability to tie a layout widget to a form so the top level
controls are automatically resized as you can do in Qt apps.
Gtk has layout managers too so it's not like you'd be doing
something overly Qt-specific.

I guess if no one's done this in a year or so I might take a stab
at it ;)  "stab" is about the kindest term you can use to refer
to my attempts at C++...

Rob