[Gambas-user] about new releases

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 19 20:42:54 CET 2003

Le Mercredi 19 Novembre 2003 00:17, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> Salut,
>
> just a question
> -------
> do you thing EXEC and SHELL, will stay now like they are implemented in
> gambas-0.71 ???? or will they be changed till gambas-1.00 ???
>
> amicalement Charlie

What are you afraid of ? :-)

I don't think they will change, but there is a problem that remains: when you
use EXEC or SHELL with WAIT, the interpreter waits for the process end
without calling the event loop. Doing that cleanly needs a system call that
does not exist on Linux (pselect) but that seems to be emulated by the GNU
libc. Maybe I will use it before the 1.0, maybe not if this is too
complicated.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...