[Gambas-user] about process

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Mon Nov 10 14:53:48 CET 2003

Le Lundi 10 Novembre 2003 11:11, Edward Hsu a écrit :
> Dear Benoit,
>
> Thanks for your answer and your beautiful job.
>
> I prefer that you keep the Process.send event, it is quite handy to have
> this event.

Process.Send is not an event, but a method.

> And I also prefer the Process_Write event with argument sData. Any way we
> do need to read sData, why don't you keep it as is? so that we save a lot
> from getting sData by ourselves from LINE INPUT. Could you please consider
> this?

I change all the Process class behaviour because I want to centralize every
input-output functions in the interpreter, so that I can easily add new
features: blocking/non-blocking I/O, buffered/non-bufferd I/O, whatever the
stream is.

The Process class is not alone. The ClientSocket class of the network
component will become a stream too !

So I'm afraid you will be compeled to change your habits :-), even if you find
the previous Process interface more practical - I'm not sure that everyone
will agree with you...

> Regards,
>
> Edward

Benoit Minisini