[Gambas-user] Printing

Ken Schrock kschrock at ...149...
Sat May 24 02:23:31 CEST 2003

Benoit Minisini wrote:

[snip]

>I like GNU/Linux and Unix for THAT.
>
>How can one want a Windows version of Gambas ? :-)

Reality. There are a billion Windows users in the world
They need tools, we often have to make things for them
There is a real need for simple graphical development tools
(which explains the success of Visual Basic in the first place)
There is a massive need for cross platform development tools
The market for a simple, effective, cross platform tool is obvious
(I have Kylix, Delphi, VB, Glade, Forte, perl, tcl, none of them do it)
This could be it, as in Matrix, the ONE, VB 1.0 for the free world
The very thing that brings things like PrintShop to Linux
With the people who love things like PrintShop
Don't let me put any pressure on you : -)

The small stuff...

The printer defaults to greyscale
But there is no property for color in the printer class
(I can pop up the setup dialog and change it to color, but a pita)
Could you either change the default to color or make the property available?

I had on my wish list a socket control
It occurs to me now that it probably already exists
Is this not the connection mechanism used for the database stuff?
Couldn't a generic socket control be created from this?

Along that same line
Where are the docs on building for Gambas
controls\extensions\plugins\classes\whatever you want to call them?