[Gambas-user] define a startup class?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Tue May 20 09:09:30 CEST 2003

Le Lundi 19 Mai 2003 23:51, Dimitri Bellini a écrit :
> On Monday 19 May 2003 13:23, Rob wrote:
> > People expect to be able to just create a form, hit F5 and have it come
> > up. That's the beauty of VB, the ability to make it do something visible
> > without writing a single line of code.
> > VB's appeal has never been clean design or good programming
> > style or any of that stuff, it's been the fact that it's easy to learn
> > and use.
> > Rob
>
> Hi Benoit & Rob
> 	i'm "F5" user and i think is great idea to "SIMPLIFIED" the life of
> programmers...

My god, people are so lazy ! :-)
Rob and I will find a solution for the "hit F5 and run" functionnality...

> At work I must use VisualBasic for my project... Is more simple and RAPID
> language that i have found in My life... I have made a Big project with DB
> interaction in few days...
> Another feature/future list find in Gambas:
> - AutoComplete Intellisense Code completion expresses (Like VB) Is very
> simple and rapid to understand what can i do..

It needs syntax analysis on keystroke, so I think gambas is not enough fast to
do that. I must insert that in the editor component: it takes time to program
that. So I will do that in the future...

> - Automatic puts in capitals and spaces where appropriate(variable,
> function etc..)

For capitals: it could be possible. It is the same programming problem than
auto-completion.

For spaces, it will be more difficult, and it is not very important.

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...