[Gambas-user] database help online

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Wed May 14 22:59:08 CEST 2003

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>Le Mercredi 14 Mai 2003 06:35, Jochen Georges a écrit :
>

>>hello gambasties,
>>
>>thanks to charlie, who wrote a detailled chapter "how to work with
>>databases".
>>it is online : http://www.theeasygambasdoku.de
>>
>>beste gruesse
>>jochen
>>
>>p.s.:
>>if you want to write a chapter .... come on.
>>you can find a html-template for your side in the rootdirectory of
>>the sidee:
>>http://www.theeasygambasdoku.de/tduf_0.0.1.html
>>

>Charlie ha sdone a good job. I have just the following remark :
>
>The database component tries to hide all the database internal to create
>databases, tables, indexes, and (a little bit) users. You can use the SAME
>syntax whatever you use PostgreSQL or MySQL. This way, you CAN write with
>gambas a really database-independent application. The Gambas Database Manager
>is such an application. There is only one function that depends on the type
>of the database, because it uses a SELECT syntax that only works on
>PostgreSQL.
>
>Apparently, there are some problems between MySQL and these
>database-independant syntax, but it will solved...soon :-)
>
>Regards,

Salut,

I started that project with the first usable gb.db for mysql I think it
was 0.50 and I wanted to set all User in the same state, to create a
base to work with, but without any danger to work on a System - Database
or table.

When the project was ready to publish, we had 0.53, but for mysql, not
all tounted round and changes has to be made.

After, around easter, we (me and Jochen) had no time to finish it, and
there were no signe on the liste to be interest.
So we sait we can wait for newer / better gb.db versions.

Finaly, yesterday I took it to the 0.56 version , because there were a
raise off mails about gb.db.
Jochen intigrated it into his pages.

About the project:
Today we have more posssibilities to do that, and it will be great to
set it, basing on that, to rewrite it, with that new , better gb.db.
And if anybody who use pgsql, can write the code for.

Charlie