[Gambas-user] database help online

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Wed May 14 19:22:29 CEST 2003

Le Mercredi 14 Mai 2003 06:35, Jochen Georges a écrit :
> hello gambasties,
>
> thanks to charlie, who wrote a detailled chapter "how to work with
> databases".
> it is online : http://www.theeasygambasdoku.de
>
> beste gruesse
> jochen
>
> p.s.:
> if you want to write a chapter .... come on.
> you can find a html-template for your side in the rootdirectory of
> the sidee:
> http://www.theeasygambasdoku.de/tduf_0.0.1.html

Charlie ha sdone a good job. I have just the following remark :

The database component tries to hide all the database internal to create
databases, tables, indexes, and (a little bit) users. You can use the SAME
syntax whatever you use PostgreSQL or MySQL. This way, you CAN write with
gambas a really database-independent application. The Gambas Database Manager
is such an application. There is only one function that depends on the type
of the database, because it uses a SELECT syntax that only works on
PostgreSQL.

Apparently, there are some problems between MySQL and these
database-independant syntax, but it will solved...soon :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...