[Gambas-user] problems with gambas 0.55 and SuSE/RedHat

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Tue May 6 13:47:01 CEST 2003

There are problems with SuSE, RedHAT, QT 3.0 and gcc !

First, gcc 3.2 seems to accept C++ syntax in C code.

I wrote such code without notice, and so gambas does not compile on systems
with an older gcc (SuSE 7.2, for example)

Jochen Georges try to compile it, and I will say him what lines to change each
time he encounters a problem. When every C++ syntax is removed, I will be
able to make a new version of gambas to correct that.

Secondly, there is a problem with QT 3.0, because I used new functions of QT
3.1 without notice, so it does not compile. I will add a test on the QT
version for such a code.

Last, the problem on RedHat 8.1 is worse, at it seems that a library is
missing in the options passed to the linker. This library was not needed in
RedHat 8.0 - They like changing everything at each version at RedHat.

The problem is how to find this library, as I have only a RedHat 8.0 at home
and not a 8.1. I investigate... Be patient...

I think I will make a version when all these problems will be solved...

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...