[Gambas-user] Gambas problems with Mandrake 9.0 and Red Hat 8.0

Henri Girard girardhenri at ...67...
Tue Mar 11 13:07:10 CET 2003

ok... i am trying rh8.1... and if it doesn't work I come back to rh8
thanks
Henri
----- Original Message -----
From: "Benoît Minisini" <gambas at ...1...>
To: <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Gambas problems with Mandrake 9.0 and Red Hat 8.0

Le Lundi 10 Mars 2003 17:32, Henri Girard a écrit :
> Does that mean if one doesn't use rh 8 it's no use to try to compile
gambas
> ?

Well, there are big problems on RedHat :

1) I don't know how to install postgresql nor mysql development packages.
Their graphical package manager is dummy.

2) The standard system libraries are not the same than on -all- other
distros.
For example, I need to add "-lgcc_s" to linker options.

3) The compilation (without the database component) succeeds, but every
gambas
program crashes on exit. I don't know why !

4) See http://www.mosfet.org. He don't want to support redhat anymore ! I
know
he's a bit excessive :-)

I'm trying to do my best with my own redhat system, but for now, I must
admit
that I can't solve all these problems :-(. So any help from experimented
redhat users is welcomed !

--
Benoît Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...