[Gambas-user] Troubles with Exec Shell and Process

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Tue Jun 3 22:36:01 CEST 2003

Le Mardi 3 Juin 2003 20:02, Charlie a écrit :
> Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> >Process_Error and Process_Write are events, and so are internally managed
> > by the global qt event loop.
> >
> >Whan you use EXEC / SHELL ... with WAIT, the event loop is never called,
> > so you never get the result of the command.
> >
> >Maybe I should call the vent loop when waiting for the end of a process.
> >
> >The problem is - I'm ashamed :-) - that I didn't write the event loop
> > inside the interpreter to manage events when a program do not use the qt
> > component !
> >
> >Maybe I should do that ?
>
> Salut Benoît,
>
> OK, I sended you the version with a WAIT, but I tried it also without
> this WAIT, it was the same !
>
> But to another point : till now it is said that using qt > = 3.???
>
> My Problems with PRINT ( I used to have at every print a new line )
> let's me think that this problem commes from a too old qt version .?
>
> Using 3.0.5 on my SuSE 7.2 and I had a look to the VMware SuSE 8.0 it
> has 3.0.3.
>
> I had on SuSE 8.0 an update to 3.1.2 , but ran in troubles what I set to
> using g++  2.95.??
>
> So , if i'm right I think it will be better to say gambas-0.56 or higher
> must use qt-3.1.xx and g++ > 3.x

Yes, now I think so. Trolltech may have changed too many things between QT 3.0
and QT 3.1 to make gambas works the same with the two versions.

What will happen with QT 3.2 ????

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...