[Gambas-user] Troubles with Exec Shell and Process

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Tue Jun 3 20:02:25 CEST 2003

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>Process_Error and Process_Write are events, and so are internally managed by
>the global qt event loop.
>
>Whan you use EXEC / SHELL ... with WAIT, the event loop is never called, so
>you never get the result of the command.
>
>Maybe I should call the vent loop when waiting for the end of a process.
>
>The problem is - I'm ashamed :-) - that I didn't write the event loop inside
>the interpreter to manage events when a program do not use the qt component !
>
>Maybe I should do that ?

Salut Benoît,

OK, I sended you the version with a WAIT, but I tried it also without
this WAIT, it was the same !

But to another point : till now it is said that using qt > = 3.???

My Problems with PRINT ( I used to have at every print a new line )
let's me think that this problem commes from a too old qt version .?

Using 3.0.5 on my SuSE 7.2 and I had a look to the VMware SuSE 8.0 it
has 3.0.3.

I had on SuSE 8.0 an update to 3.1.2 , but ran in troubles what I set to
using g++  2.95.??

So , if i'm right I think it will be better to say gambas-0.56 or higher
must use qt-3.1.xx and g++ > 3.x

Even if it works a little bit, like I have the impression on my box.

Tell my if I'm totaly wrong !

Charlie