[Gambas-user] Types? Records?

Nelson Ferraz nferraz at ...184...
Mon Jul 28 18:51:30 CEST 2003

> You would use classes for that.  I don't know how to get a binary formatted
> concatenation of the whole record like in C automatically, but it shouldn't
> be too tough to write a function to do that and make it a property get
> function.

Hmmm... this may be off-topic, but it would be nice to add the concept
of serializable, persistent and prevalent objects to Gambas:

"Object prevalence is inherently and conceptually simple and can be
implemented in any object-oriented programming language that can
serialize an object -- a feature in many modern OO languages.

In a prevalent system, everything is kept in RAM, as though you were
just using a programming language. Serializable command objects manage
all the necessary changes required for persistence."

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-objprev/?loc=dwmain

Nelson