[Gambas-user] Problem with codepage in Gambas-database-manager

Wojtek gambas at ...162...
Thu Jul 24 02:40:06 CEST 2003

Gambas-database-manager displays fields of database using UTF8 codepage. It's
not important for databases created with Gambas.
But if data included in database were previously inserted using another
codepage, e.g. ISO8859-2 or windows-1250, then national characters are
displayed incorrectly.
Right now I don't have time to analyze and change this by myself.
Would it be possible to add codepage auto-recognition of database and
auto-conversion to UTF8?
I suppose that it's not very complicated so maybe it would be possible to
include such a patch in next version of Gambas-database-manager.
In fact it wouldn't have to be full-auto. It could be solved using ComboBox
with codepages as well.

--
Wojciech Saltarski