[Gambas-user] Gambas 0.62 - error in Project.Main.84

Nelson Ferraz nferraz at ...184...
Tue Jul 15 16:26:08 CEST 2003

> The error #8 generally implies that you try to execute a gambas program
> compiled with a compiler version different from the interpreter version.
>
> Type /usr/bin/gbx -v to get the interpreter version, /usr/bin/gbc -v to get
> the compiler version.

The first result was:

$ /usr/bin/gbc -v
gbc: project file not found: /home/nferraz/.project

$ /usr/bin/gbx -v
ERROR: #45: File or directory does not exist: /home/nferraz/.project

Then I figured out that the -v option stands for "--verbose", not
"--version", I tried again with:

$ /usr/bin/gbc --version
gbc-0.62

$ /usr/bin/gbx --version
ERROR: #45: File or directory does not exist: /home/nferraz/.project

$ /usr/bin/gbx -V # uppercase
gbx-0.62

So, versions seem okay. Then, I went to the ~/tmp/gambas-0.62/app/gambas
directory and typed:

$ /usr/bin/gbx
ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'Project': Unable to load class file

Finally, I went to ~/tmp/gambas-0.62/app/InputBox, executed gbx, and the
InputBox popped up as expected!!!

It only seems to work with this small project, though.

[]s

Nelson