[Gambas-user] using Perl to do regexes in Gambas

Nelson Ferraz nferraz at ...184...
Fri Jul 11 08:12:36 CEST 2003

> I wrote a simple proof of concept of a (theoretically) reusable Gambas class
> that appears to the user to implement Perl regular expression matching, and a
> demo form with which you can try it out.

Cool!

BTW, I've found this open source library called PCRE, which is used by
projects like Python, Apache and PHP.

"The PCRE library is a set of functions that implement regular
expression pattern matching using the same syntax and semantics as Perl
5. PCRE has its own native API, as well as a set of wrapper functions
that correspond to the POSIX regular expression API. The PCRE library is
free, even for building commercial software."

http://www.pcre.org/

[]s

Nelson