[Gambas-user] using Perl to do regexes in Gambas

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Jul 11 07:02:44 CEST 2003

I wrote a simple proof of concept of a (theoretically) reusable Gambas class
that appears to the user to implement Perl regular expression matching, and a
demo form with which you can try it out.  It does this Perl stuff,
conveniently enough, by EXEC'ing perl and passing stuff through it.  I
wouldn't recommend using it for big jobs because there's obviously a lot of
overhead, but I think it could be a good prototype of an eventual Gambas
regular expression class and let's face it, there are some times when you
just want to write http://[^\s">]+ rather than 15 lines of code ;)

Details and source here:

http://www.kudla.org/blog.php?wl_mode=more&wl_eid=21

Rob