[Gambas-user] Let's make a stable release of Gambas

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Jul 8 05:31:00 CEST 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 16:37, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> What must/should be fixed before ?
> What must/should be developed before ?

I think your proposals are very sound.  To me, getting the NVidia thing fixed
and getting database access and watched processes/devices/files working (all
of which you have already done) gets you 90% or more of the way to a full
commercial quality BASIC.  Even now, most of the missing functionality can be
implemented by the user with pipes and helper applications much more easily
than would be possible under Windows with VB.  What you've given us to date
is way better and more stable than the 1.0 releases we've seen from some
other companies and projects.

> - Start documenting component programming on the Wiki (at least !)

I hope I can make this easier for you before you make the switch!

> - Make a gb.net component to make servers and access the Internet :-)

This would take you from 90% to 95% in my book ;)  I'm not even sure the last
version of proper VB came with a socket component.  All the VB programmers
I've known have had to license them from third parties...

Rob