[Gambas-user] Let's make a stable release of Gambas

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Mon Jul 7 22:37:46 CEST 2003

Hi, everyone.

I would like to make a stable release of Gambas in the near future.

Could you tell me what you think about that ?

What must/should be fixed before ?
What must/should be developed before ?

Here are my proposals:

#1 - Finish one or two things into the IDE, but not big changes.
#2 - Gambas must compile and run on all (or almost) distributions.
#3 - Make a Gambas library for storing configuration files and use it in the
IDE and in the database manager.
#4 - Allowing classes to have properties like controls.
#5 - Clean the user management part of the MySQL driver.

Just after the stable release, I will :

- Start documenting component programming on the Wiki (at least !)
- Make a gb.net component to make servers and access the Internet :-)

I need the feedback of everyone, especially on the point #2, even the one of
those who never send mails ;-)

Hmmm... Maybe my last sentence is not good English...

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...