[Gambas-user] Documentation for gambas componets

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Wed Jan 8 20:54:05 CET 2003

NN schrieb:

>Hi Charlie
>

>>Sorry to get into your discution. This afternoon I had a short look  at
>>http://www.ths-herten.de/TheEasyGambasDoku/index.html
>>
>>A 'docu test' like yours Jürgen, ....

Sorry Jochen, and thanks Jürgen.

>!!! It's not mine !!! All the honor belongs to Jochen
>
>... is also a source of specifide
>

>>informations (and with example Code) where newbes
>>, and in this way we are all newbes, find a piece more, to make a step
>>further.
>>

>What's about a little article on accessing MySQL via ToMySQL
>and Gambas for this Tutorial. lease :)

OK! But help me what do you think, I should write about.

>Seems that nobody, including me excepting Benoit, excactly understand
>what's the concept of Gambas.

I don'T know if it is a question of 'concept' , it's a question of
documentation (sorry Benoit this is not against you, I know writing a
software is only the 1/3 of the work ( but also the most important )) of
how things (componets) work. And if I have understood one in my live,
that is for the programmer all is CLEAR, 'ey look at the code and you
will see !' ( that why my question above).
Thats why I find Jochens way to get into and write down his kowlege and
make it public as great.

So let me start a discussion about Users-Self-Help. Use this
mailing-list to get knowleg about gambas, ask Benoit if you have basic
problems with the gambas-engine. But ask all, if you need knowleg about
using it.
Help  Jochen to write the documentation and send him pages ready to link in.

BUT! Aske Jochen first if he want to to the job.
If YES, aske him how he would have these pages.
If NO. ? Is anybody out there, who has time, web-space and all what you
need else to do work like this .

Are we able to manage this ???????
I aske you all, should we start this?

Jochen I aske you now.

Netxt does anybody know a place where Jochen can place his project ?

regards

Charlie