[Gambas-user] Re: array does not work

Fabien BODARD abidoo.too at ...11...
Sat Feb 15 19:29:59 CET 2003

Le Vendredi 14 Février 2003 11:19, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le Jeudi 13 Février 2003 22:24, vous avez écrit :
> > hi benoit
> >
> > when i try to run the example program Ganim, which uses arrrays i
> > get the error:
> > =cannot load class "array". unable to load class file=
> >
> > i tried to write a program myself, which uses arrays, but i got the
> > same error.
> >
> > is it a bug?
> >
> > beste gruesse
> > jochen
>
> The class array does not exist anymore. Specialized array classes have
> replaced it.
>
> You should read the ChangeLog file at each new version !
>
> Instead of writing:
>
> DIM a AS NEW Array
>
> You must write:
>
> DIM a AS NEW String[] ' If you want to put strings in your array.
>
> Regards,

Hi Jochen

When i've made ganim it was just to demonstrate the animation possibility with
my picture (who are not really buttyful, imust to work on it when i've time).
It's not really a good code because i've made it in 15 minutes.
Now i can do better( Look at the benoit code in FGambas in the gambas ide
project)

The Array.FromString(...) was replaced by Array = Split(...)
You must to know for wath it use your array (varaint[= for multi type];
String;  Object, Integer, Float, Date)

Declaration :

Dim arAnim as Integer[]
Dim sAnim