[Gambas-user] kde component

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Dec 27 16:22:47 CET 2003

On Saturday 27 December 2003 09:47, Raúl Moratalla wrote:
> Now I make a suggestion: why don't develop gambas in one
> window like hbasic? I find it more useful and usable if I have
> one window on my taskbar that 5. windows.

Most Unix developers feel that MDI (one big window with other
windows inside it) sucks. I disagree, and like MDI better for
most things (and so will many of the VB programmers who will
eventually take up coding in Gambas.) I made an MDI hack of an
older Gambas version, no docking or anything, just the project
explorer on the left and all other windows in an MDI workspace
on the right, but I haven't maintained it. Feel free to search
back on my website http://www.kudla.org and bring it up to date
if you have time ;)

In the meantime, one VB programmer I know who uses Gambas now
puts his Gambas session in a separate virtual desktop so he can
switch to it using the pager and treat that one virtual desktop
as if it's an MDI. It still has all those entries in the taskbar
but at least it seems less cluttered. That might be worth a try
if you can't get my MDI changes to work in recent Gambas
versions.

Rob