[Gambas-user] weird "use" problem only in IDE

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Dec 21 20:45:41 CET 2003

If I try to open the Gambas IDE in the Gambas IDE, it loads fine
but when I go to run it it says "Cannot load component 'Util':
File not found".  Yet gambas itself is running fine, and the
Util library lives in Gambas' home binaries directory, which
under the Mandrake scheme is now /usr/lib/gambas-0.74/bin (which
is also where gbx lives, symlinked into /usr/bin.)  I even
copied Util into /usr/bin to no avail.

Here is what the Gambas docs say about USE with a relative path:

It searches for an archive named Archive in the directory where
the running project or the running executable is located.

 - okay, it's not there.

Next, it searches for a Gambas project named Archive in the same
place, with a compiled executable present.

 - okay, not there either.

Finally, it searches in the bin directory of your Gambas
installation, by default /opt/gambas/bin

 - It is there, but doesn't work in the IDE (but works fine in
the compiled gambas program.)

I looked for a hardcoded /opt/gambas/bin but there's none there.
Maybe the interpreter should also search the user's path?

Rob