[Gambas-user] SuSE 8.2 and Gambas

Ken Phelan kphelan at ...229...
Sat Aug 23 05:41:06 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 03:16 pm, Ken Phelan wrote:

> Version 2.4.20-96 kernel updated from the stock distribution kernel
> 2.4.20-39
>
> I'm running on an 700 MHz Intel PIII Coppermine with 384 megs ram and an
> nVidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64 card using nVidia's driver 1.0-4363 with 3D
> enabled

Update:  I've upgraded to the latest SuSE 8.2 kernel 2.3.20-100.  In so doing,
the nVidia driver 1.0-4363 was removed with an alert informing me that I'd
have to reinstall the driver.  So I'm running with the stock 'nv' driver at
this time.

I decided to take Gambas for a spin before d/loading and installing the nVidia
driver.  Gambas now compiles and executes all the example programs!

I'll keep the list posted after I install the nVidia driver.