[Gambas-user] How to use TableView

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Tue Aug 12 10:00:57 CEST 2003

Le Lundi 11 Août 2003 22:58, Rob a écrit :
> On Monday 11 August 2003 16:30, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > You should keep the examples in their place, so that the IDE can find
> > them. Examples are nothing to do in a "doc" directory.
>
> Actually, if you notice, I don't package any files in /opt at all.  /opt
> itself is deprecated in Mandrake.... even KDE isn't placed there anymore.
>
> I've always been against the /opt thing, ever since they started doing it
> in Solarix years ago ;)

I admit choosing /opt/gambas as default is not a good idea. I should use
/usr/local/gambas. But while gambas is in beta version, it is not dramatic.

> > "Mandrake standards" are nice, but sometimes stupid. Everything related
> > to an application in one directory => the old way, the best way :-)
>
> see, there we disagree ;)  I am a standards-nazi, when it comes to my own
> rpms, because eventually I would like to see all desktop Linuxes act
> essentially the same way and have RPM's from one work on the others.  /opt
> is great for stuff that doesn't get installed with the OS and may break
> things, but the intent with contrib RPM's is that if they get used a lot,
> they get moved into the main distro....

How could you use a RPM for system X on system Y at the moment, as
dependencies are strings that always differ ? For example, Mandrake adds
"mdk" everywhere, so I imagine that a RPM for Redhat will yell.

So put everything is /usr/local/gambas, or /usr/gambas, or somewhere else, but
please keep the same structure. Otherwise, some things will not work.

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...