[Gambas-user] How to use TableView

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Aug 11 22:58:56 CEST 2003

On Monday 11 August 2003 16:30, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> You should keep the examples in their place, so that the IDE can find them.
> Examples are nothing to do in a "doc" directory.

Actually, if you notice, I don't package any files in /opt at all.  /opt
itself is deprecated in Mandrake.... even KDE isn't placed there anymore.

I've always been against the /opt thing, ever since they started doing it in
Solarix years ago ;)

> "Mandrake standards" are nice, but sometimes stupid. Everything related to
> an application in one directory => the old way, the best way :-)

see, there we disagree ;)  I am a standards-nazi, when it comes to my own
rpms, because eventually I would like to see all desktop Linuxes act
essentially the same way and have RPM's from one work on the others.  /opt is
great for stuff that doesn't get installed with the OS and may break things,
but the intent with contrib RPM's is that if they get used a lot, they get
moved into the main distro....

Do "for f in /opt/*; do rpm -q --whatprovides $f; done" to see what I mean
about things not getting packaged there... I bet everything there is
something you have compiled from source.

Rob