[Gambas-user] Gambas RPM for MDK 9.1

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Aug 10 14:34:29 CEST 2003

On Sunday 10 August 2003 07:43, DHoll28158 at ...87... wrote:
> Thanks Rob, for the RPM and your other contributions.

I'm glad to help people discover Gambas.

> 1. What is "Alignment", horizontal and vertical. I haven't been able to
> figure out what they do.

Alignment works like it does in a spreadsheet cell.  It refers to where the
text will appear on the label/button/whatever.... left justified, centered,
at the top, at the bottom, etc.  You can see it more easily if you experiment
with it using a pretty big control.  I'm pretty sure VB has the same property
though I don't remember, it might be called "align" or something instead.

> 2. Where is "LCD" and "Splitter". I have seen them mentioned but they do
> not show up in my Toolbox.

They're part of the gb.qt.ext component.  In Project Properties you can check
it off and it'll appear in your toolbox (much like selecting a component in
VB.)

> 3. Is there a Scrollbar Control. I have used them a lot in my VB work and
> desperately need them if I am to convert any of my projects.

Like the two above controls, it's part of gb.qt.ext.

> I wish I could be of help, instead of just asking dumb questions. I am just
> a novice VB programmer.

As our first novice VB programmer posting to the list, you're preparing us for
what happens once Gambas gets to 1.0 and everyone hears about it.  So don't
hold back ;)

This list isn't just me by the way, you just happened to catch me on a night
when I went to bed late and then woke up early.

Thanks
Rob