[Gambas-user] Gambas fundation ?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Mon Aug 4 22:00:26 CEST 2003

Hi, Gambas community,

I have a important news !

Suspense...

I want to create a sort of Gambas fundation to collect gifts.

== WHY ? ==

Some people, (two, or three) wanted to give me money.

Many people help Gambas by providing code, translations, Wiki server, help,
etc... Giving money (a little) could be a way for people without technical
skills to help the project.

Here the two proposals I received:

One, a Croatian people, wants some functionnalities in Gambas, and want to
give me money for that.

A second, a Indian people, wants to sell Linux boxes with gambas, and wanted
to give money to the people who develop Gambas.

The two cases are different : the first is paying me for a (not really)
specific functionnality, and the second is helping the community in general.

Of course, as the creator and main developer of Gambas, helping me implies
helping the project !

On the other hand, helping the community by giving me money implies a
responsability : I cannot do what I want with money given for "every gambas
developer". I'm not the sole developer !

== WHAT FOR ? ==

For example, I could use the gifts to do the following :

- Buying VMWare.
- Buying an ADSL access, so that I can download the last version of any
distributions. (I have a 56K modem)
- Buying SuSE 8.2, or other distributions I can't download.
- Debugging Gambas on all these systems.
- ...

Note: The Croatian people would like a tool that install gambas automatically
on a system, so that he could distribute gambas project easily. So the need
to have VmWare and every Linux system possible.

== HOW ? ==

I will publish my own bank account international coordinates : they are just
two codes, the IBAN code and the SWIFT code.

With these two codes, everybody in the world can transfer money on my bank
account.

I want this "fundation" to be transparent, so every gift will be public and
published on the web site, with the name of the giver (unless he wants to be
anonymous). And every money spent will be published to on the web site, with
the date, the object, and the amount of the expense.

There will be only one account (at the beginning), but the money of the
fundation will be completetly separated.

== AND ? ==

I want the opinion of everyone on this mailing-list : what you think about
that, if you have other ideas, if you plan to give money, and so on...

I hope you will find this idea useful ! :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...