[Gambas-user] Re: examples

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jul 20 18:55:17 CEST 2002

Le Jeudi 18 Juillet 2002 12:38, vous avez écrit :
> Bonjour Benoit,
>
> i played a littled bit with 0.34a and i send you the
> results attached. These are 2 little examples which
> maybe helpful for total beginners.

Thanks for the examples.

But if you want to put these examples in Gambas, you must define a licence for
publishing it (GPL, for example), and you should make a "About..." dialog box
that gives your name and a way to contact you (a e-mail address or a web
link). You may tell me too if I'm allowed to change the code for presentation
(indentation, maybe variable names, etc.)

As for your two examples, "Timer" is a good example of what a Timer is. I will
put in the next version with a dialog box under GPL. Tell me it you agree !

But I think the "Sinus" example does not show the good way to use DrawingArea
widget. Resizing the DrawingArea at each Timer tick may be very slow when it
is cached (a pixmap is recreated each time !). When you want to resize
frequently your DrawingArea, it is better to set Cached property to False,
and to redraw it during the "Draw" event.

> regards Juergen

Benoît Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...