[Gambas-user] 0.40 pre-release

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Dec 1 19:29:13 CET 2002

Dear gambas users,

I have just made a PRE-VERSION of gambas 0.40 only for the mailing-list
subscribers.

You can download it at the following URL:

http://gambas.sourceforge.net/gambas-0.40pre1.tar.gz

The CWindow.cpp and CWindow.h are present, so that this pre-version works with
qt-3.0.3. But qt-3.0.5 is highly recommended !

Many SuSE 8.x users have problems with gambas. This pre-version writes debug
messages when executing child processes, so that I could have an idea of what
happens when gambas freezes under a SuSE.

This pre-version contains an experimental KDE component. Try it: with this
component, your application is a real KDE application, and uses the KDE color
dialog chooser instead of the QT one. The problems are that the KDE font
chooser is less powerful than the QT one (!), that the KDE file choosers
don't work and freeze, and that stopping this KDE application with kdcop
crashes it. I don't know why !

The component loader has changed its use of dlopen() (the API that loads
shared libraries), so that the KDE component do not crash. Everything seems
to be right on my Mandrake 9.0, but this may have side effects on other
systems. I think dlopen() crashes rely on the gcc version. Mandrake gcc
version is 3.2.

Those who didn't reply to my survey can still do it... Even if everything
works perfectly !

Waiting for your comments :-) ...

Benoît Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...