[Gambas-devel] Fwd: Re: Gambas to Git(Lab)

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...757...
Fri Jul 28 17:06:41 CEST 2017

Hi,

Am 28.07.2017 um 16:35 schrieb Adrien Prokopowicz:
> If we need to make a patch release for bugfixes in the meantime, we can
> just use the master
> branch to get back to the latest stable, and then make the fixes from
> there.
> If the fix is already done on the development version, we can cherry-pick
> it from the dev
> branch, and otherwise we can just make the fix on master (or on a
> temporary branch), and
> then merge master back into the development branch.
>
> This is also the workflow I use at work so maybe I'm too used to it and
> don't see
> the downsides, but to me it seems to cover all of the use-cases.
>
> [0] https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Branching-Branching-Workflows

Assume, Gambas gets bigger and more important and somewhere in the
future there exists a Gambas 3.20 in old distributions like Debian and
Gambas 4.05 in current Ubuntu, each of these versions is "stable".

Assume also there is a security breach introduced in Gambas 3.10 ;-)

How would you insert a hotfix which would lead to stable 3.21 and stable
4.06 in your model? IMO ... that would be impossible.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur