[Gambas-devel] Change to gb.db.odbc to use ODBC Connection Strings.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Aug 12 10:49:21 CEST 2017

Le 16/10/2015 à 19:20, ML a écrit :

> Benoît,
>
> Well, I was speaking about SQL-92 and the like...
>
> ODBC has a way to fetch a block of rows. You can set how many. Then, it
> will retrieve (up to) that many rows from the rowset.
> You can, IIRC, also specify the starting offset. All this, of course, as
> long as the Driver or RDBM provides scrollable cursors.
> Mind you, I never tried a row-block fetch, and it will be a demanding
> 'challenge' to overcome. My guess is that it will take some time.
>
> Please tell me how can gb.db.odbc know whether someone used the
> DB.Limit() property, so I can make the next fetch a row-block fetch, and
> how to recognize a "go back to retrieving 1 row at a time" mode change.
> Related to that, one of the things that still escape me is which calls
> in gb.db map to which (block of) calls in gb.db.odbc. That, and which
> high level Gambas calls map to which gb.db (block of) calls.
>
> Regards,

Hi,

I just noticed I didn't deal with your mail...

Do you have a GitLab account so that I can add you to the GitLab Gambas
group?

Do you have a real name that I can use? :-)

Benoît Minisini