[Gambas-devel] Cygwin patch

Bastian Germann bastiangermann at ...754...
Mon Sep 12 19:55:55 CEST 2016

Hi!

I saw someone included my patch in 3.9.0. Thanks for that. Here are
two more Cygwin patches.
Now I am able to build every package except the gb-v4l (which is
deprecated anyway) and gb-inotify package, which is dependent on Linux
kernel and required for the IDE unfortunately. I am currently working
on a cygport.

To address the inotify issue: Can I just patch the requirement
definitions and calls to that package out of the IDE or does it
implement a feature that is absolutely necessary? Then I would use
fswatch [0] or Qt's QFileSystemWatcher to implement an alternative
component. Actually in the Todo of gb-inotify there are two
alternative (outdated?) libs listed that the author wants to have a
look at. How does the FreeBSD port handle the file watching?

What are your thoughts on this?

Regards,
Bastian

[0] http://emcrisostomo.github.io/fswatch