[Gambas-devel] Cygwin patch

Bastian Germann bastiangermann at ...754...
Thu Oct 13 17:31:46 CEST 2016

Thanks for including the patches. I have added a Cygwin compilation
description in the Gambas Wiki [0]. The description depends on those
patches being available in Gambas 3.9.2.

One other thing:
unixODBC is not available in the Cygwin repository right now. But there
is iODBC available, which Gambas builds with on Cygwin with a patch [1]
applied. This patch does not change configure.ac to search for libiodbc,
however on Cygwin libodbc is libiodbc, so it also links. For this reason
the Cygwin people would probably reject submitting unixODBC to the repo,
even if defining the packages as conflicting. And it is quite a heavy
package that I do not want to be responsible for.

So please also include the patch [1] to enable me to define
gambas3-gb-db-odbc Cygwin package. This is the final patch for Cygwin in
Gambas 3.9.2. If you want, you can tune configure.ac to also detect
libiodbc on other Unixes, alternatively to libodbc.

The last remaining package to build would be gambas3-gb-db-sqlite2, but
as this is deprecated and SQLite 2 not developed for many years, I will
not try to submit it to the Cygwin repo.

[0] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/cygwin
[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/mailman/message/35422296
[2] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/screenshot