[Gambas-devel] Cygwin patch

Bastian Germann bastiangermann at ...754...
Thu Oct 6 00:49:19 CEST 2016

When the approval process is finished and the package is published in
the official Cygwin repository, I will send you screenshots and a
tutorial how to install the packages.

Here are instructions to build the packages, just for the record:

Get Cygwin base system installed.
Download http://germann-home.de/x86/gambas3/gambas3-3.9.1-1-src.tar.xz
which contains the needed files:
gambas3.cygport
gambas3-rev7907.patch
gambas3-libpq.patch

In gambas3.cygport's DEPEND variable is defined, which packages you have
to have installed to sucessfully compile and package gambas3.
Install them plus the cygport and cmake packages. At the moment, alure
(gb.openal dependency) is not available as cygport (but I submitted it
to the review process as well), so you have to compile it using cmake.

Run "cygport gambas3.cygport download" to download the sources and
additional patches. Run "cygport gambas3.cygport all" to compile and
package gambas3. If you get a warning about missing dependencies before
autoconf is run, you should stop and install the missing dependency.

Maybe you will run into a problem with X's .la libtool files referencing
some .la files not available. Deleting them resolved the problem for me
on x86. There was not any problem on x86_64.