[Gambas-devel] Creating a Control

Tobias Boege taboege at ...176...
Wed Sep 10 12:19:01 CEST 2014

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, John Leake wrote:

> > here is a new version of instGA3, because at least for the svn version,
> > the path to the executable for libraries, is no more stored in
> > the .project file, but in .settings. For 3.5.4 I do not know.
> >
> Thank you. Are these things documented anywhere ?

No, he's talking about revision #6289 (2014-05-26 22:58:05) which is still
"brand-new" because since then only a bugfix version (3.5.4) was released
which apparently didn't contain that commit. (Normally, bugfix releases only
bring bugfixes, but you can't be completely sure that it doesn't bring some
easy and/or strongly needed new features from the development branch.)

You can find release notes for each version in the wiki [0]. Alas,
documentation of new things is rare in general and sometimes old
documentation is not up to date [ my components are no exceptions from this,
but instead classic examples, most of the time ]. For a Gambas developer,
the commit logs are the documentation (if you are subscribed to gambas-devel,
you should automatically receive commit logs via gambas-devel-svn when
someone does a commit). I can't say how many questions I answered from
things I learned from the commit logs only.

About the project directory structure which was affected by the change
Charlie mentioned: there is a document here [1].

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/release
[1] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/project_structure