[Gambas-devel] Add-ins

John Leake jleake at ...741...
Fri Sep 5 12:52:17 CEST 2014

Hi Tobi,
Thank you for your response.

By "add-in" I mean an IDE toolbar that can load/remove modules when the
IDE starts. This code would have a reference to the whole project (or a
group of projects) source tree and would allow iteration of
sub/func/class/module names and their contents. As an example the kind
of productivity functions I implemented for M$ VB6 were;

Syslog - When clicked this automatically inserted/removed syslog code
into either the currently displayed sub/function/class/module or all
sub/func/class/mods of the source file open in the editor.

Copyright - This inserted/removed customisable comments at the head of
the current source file.

ErrorTrap - As syslog but error trap code using FINALLY and CATCH.

CallChart - As above but call chart code with graphvis output.

I would not envisage the functions of the "add-in" code to be part of
the source tree but the interface that facilitated "add-ins" would have
to be.

Best regards,

John Leake