[Gambas-devel] packaging question

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 27 20:13:01 CET 2014

Le 23/11/2014 18:20, mcc.mcc at ...743... a écrit :

> I resend a summary of my previous messages in the hope that
> spamassassin don't drop it
>
> I  have submitted a patch to the Debian maintainers of the Gambas
> packages, in order to reduce the dependencies needed, decreasing the
> installed size
>
> actually the gb.gui component depends on both  gb.gtk AND gb.gt4, but
> reading the source I realized that package should  depends only on
> gb.gtk OR gb.qt4 (or both if the user wants)
> also the gb.db component depends on gb.qt4.ext, but I cannot find
> where it is used in the code
>
> may be I missed it, otherwise it should be removed as dependency
>
> please, can you confirm?
>
> ciao!

What to be done is written at:

	http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/package

Unless I made a mistake in that page, I don't know where these wrong
dependencies come from.

So I confirm you that:

- gb.gui technically depends on no components, as it searches for GUI
components (gb.gtk, gb.gtk3 and gb.qt4) at runtime. Concretely, it
should depends on gb.gtk OR gb.gtk3 OR gb.qt4. Same logic with
gb.gui.opengl.

- gb.db depends on nothing. It may depends on gb.db.mysql OR
gb.db.postgresql... But there is no need for that normally. It's up to
the developer to make its project depends on the database driver it needs.

Benoît Minisini