[Gambas-devel] Suggestion : Gambas Unit Testing

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 9 23:59:59 CET 2014

Le 09/12/2014 23:50, Julio Sanchez a écrit :
> I think that should be integrated into the IDE, but  not a new form of
> the project (what happens with projects that either alone console mode?).

An IDE form is not necessarily a GUI form!

An IDE form is:

- Associated with a component that "implements" it.

- A class that automatically inherits another class whose name if the
form type. That "form" class is located in the above component.

- A bunch of code that implements it in the IDE.

> In the IDE, you should have a new option to "run unit tests" and display
> a form or tab with  the results of the test, as does eclipse, for example.
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02Ro2CNt-OOdGFNMHEtNHFpWU0/view?usp=sharing

Eventually.

> All unit tests, the programmer would place in a project folder for
> example .scr/unit
>
> It's an idea ... what you think?

Unit test classes will go to their own directory in the project tree
view. Where they are exactly located on the disk is hidden by the IDE.

Benoît Minisini