[Gambas-devel] Gambas Magazine - Update

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...176...
Fri Aug 22 21:18:22 CEST 2014

Hi Benoit,

I would love what ever help you can give. But I do realize your time is
limited and valuable. Non of us would have Gambas or be here chatting with
each other on this forum if it were not for you creating such an awesome
language. So, as the Master of Gambas and the Adam to all Gambas related
projects, anything you wish to contribute will be gratefully and joyfully
accepted!

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Benoît Minisini <
gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 22/08/2014 20:57, Randall Morgan a écrit :
> > We'll we're trying but getting article content has been a challenge and
> > Tobias and I can't write everything. So if you guys can help out or know
> > someone who would like to that would be great! Even just writing about
> > the projects you are working on would be a great help. Perhaps doing a
> > postmortem on you latest project, or a short article on some technique
> > you used to solve a problem, or write something that is of interest to
> > you and I can collect articles for future issues.
> >
> > I only speak English (and enough Spanish to get me into a good bar
> > fight) so perhaps those of you on Non English speaking forums can help
> > spread the message that I need writers, articles, and article and cover
> > art. I can use Google translate  to translate articles in other
> > languages or try and find a volunteer to translate.
> >
> > I am not looking for perfect writers. Just willing writers! So if you
> > know someone who would like to write but feels they are not a good
> > writer, let them I can edit. It is much easier to edit an existing
> > article than to have to write a full article from scratch. So no matter
> > your ability, I am willing to consider any and all articles submitted.
> >
> > Thanks, Guys!
> >

> Maybe I could help ? My idea is writing small articles (I don't have a
> lot of time, and I better use it fixing and enhancing Gambas) who would
> be an answer to a Gambas-related question.
>
> If some people have general/technical questions about Gambas, please
> post them, it will give ideas for articles!
>
> Examples:
>
> - Why using BASIC?
> - Why is there no threads?
> - Why using both QT and GTK+, and not just QT?
> - Why strings cannot be used like objects, as in javascript?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?