[Gambas-devel] Gambas Magazine - Update

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...176...
Fri Aug 22 20:57:37 CEST 2014

We'll we're trying but getting article content has been a challenge and
Tobias and I can't write everything. So if you guys can help out or know
someone who would like to that would be great! Even just writing about the
projects you are working on would be a great help. Perhaps doing a
postmortem on you latest project, or a short article on some technique you
used to solve a problem, or write something that is of interest to you and
I can collect articles for future issues.

I only speak English (and enough Spanish to get me into a good bar fight)
so perhaps those of you on Non English speaking forums can help spread the
message that I need writers, articles, and article and cover art. I can use
Google translate  to translate articles in other languages or try and find
a volunteer to translate.

I am not looking for perfect writers. Just willing writers! So if you know
someone who would like to write but feels they are not a good writer, let
them I can edit. It is much easier to edit an existing article than to have
to write a full article from scratch. So no matter your ability, I am
willing to consider any and all articles submitted.

Thanks, Guys!

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at ...176...>
wrote:

> I must say the magazine looks very professional. Nice to see this
> happening!
>

> Jussi
>

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Randall Morgan <rmorgan62 at ...176...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> First thank you to all who provided comments and feed back on the first
>> issue of Gambas Magazine. Now that I am back in the city I am focused on
>>  the next issue of Gambas Magazine which will be released on October 1st.
>> As usually, we are in need of articles of interest to Gambas users and
>> developers.
>>
>> The next issue will focus on Game development with Gambas and will also
>> include follows-ups on the multi-part articles in the last issue.
>>
>> I am in great need of contributors to author articles, proof read, and do
>> technical reviews of articles before publishing, and provide artwork for
>> covers and articles. If you or someone you know would like to contribute,
>> please contact me.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Randall - Editor, Gambas Magazine

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?