[Gambas-devel] Gambas projects not compiling on Ubuntu or Debian

Geoffrey De Belie computergeoffrey at ...727...
Thu Sep 5 13:27:34 CEST 2013

---- Aan Thu, 05 Sep 2013 13:17:50 +0200 Geoffrey De Belie  schreef ----

>---- Aan Thu, 05 Sep 2013 12:58:02 +0200 Benoît Minisini schreef ----
>
> > Le 05/09/2013 12:06, Geoffrey De Belie a écrit :
> > >
> > > ---- Aan Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:53:28 +0200 Benoît Minisini schreef ----

> > > Home directory, command fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -d (root or non-root is the same result):
> > >
> > > getopt: invalid option -- 'd'
> > > fakeroot, create a fake root environment.
> > > usage: fakeroot [-l|--lib fakerootlib] [-f|--faked fakedbin]
> > > [-i file] [-s file] [-u|--unknown-is-real]
> > > [-b|--fd-base fd] [-h|--help] [-v|--version]
> > > [--] [command]
> > >
> > > Same result for project directory of niceadd.
> > >
> > > Maybe fakeroot/dpkg-buildpackage depreciated the -d option and after that, removed it?
> > >
> > > Geoffrey De Belie
> > >

> > I don't understand: the '-d' option is documented in the
> > dpkg-buildpackage man page, and works there on my Ubuntu 13.04!
> >
> > I think there is a problem in your fakeroot program, because it seems to
> > think that the "-d" option is for itself, not for dpkg-buildpackage.
> >
> > Where does your 'fakeroot' command comes from?
> >
> > --
> > Benoît Minisini
> >

>I just installed Linux Mint, without special things :) It's fakeroot version 1.18.4 (fakeroot -v shows this information)
>Even with fakeroot 1.19 from Debian Sid (see http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fakeroot/fakeroot_1.19-2_amd64.deb), the problem persists.
>
>It's weird however that the same version of fakeroot can work or cannot work, therefore I think it's more related to config files or old/wrong files (which probably come from the ppa version of gambas).
>
>Geoffrey De Belie

Would dpkg-buildpackage -d -rfakeroot work? It gives this output (just executed in /home/mint/)

tail: can't open ‘debian/changelog’ to read: File or directory doesn't exist
dpkg-buildpackage: error: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1

Geoffrey De Belie