[Gambas-devel] Gambas projects not compiling on Ubuntu or Debian

Geoffrey De Belie computergeoffrey at ...727...
Thu Sep 5 13:17:50 CEST 2013

---- Aan Thu, 05 Sep 2013 12:58:02 +0200 Benoît Minisini<gambas at ...678....> schreef ----

 > Le 05/09/2013 12:06, Geoffrey De Belie a écrit :
 > >
 > > ---- Aan Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:53:28 +0200 Benoît Minisini<gambas at ...113.....1...> schreef ----
 > >
 > >   > Le 05/09/2013 11:46, Geoffrey De Belie a écrit :
 > >   > >
 > >   > > ---- Aan Thu, 05 Sep 2013 11:38:44 +0200 Benoît Minisini<gambas at ...1...> schreef ----
 > >   > >
 > >   > >   > Le 05/09/2013 10:07, Geoffrey De Belie a écrit :
 > >   > >   > >
 > >   > >   > > I tried several configurations, of which only the Debian-based system
 > >   > >   > > works. In attachment, you can see the configurations of the three
 > >   > >   > > Linux distributions I tested. I'm using the package from
 > >   > >   > > ppa:nemh/gambas3. I tried downgrading to the default raring package
 > >   > >   > > (3.1.1), but no improvements or differences when trying to compile a
 > >   > >   > > Gambas project to DEB package.
 > >   > >   > >
 > >   > >   > > However, a clean install (4th tested Linux installation) of raring
 > >   > >   > > 3.1.1 on Linux Mint 15 Xfce x64 seems to work. That probably means
 > >   > >   > > the package from ppa:nemh/gambas3 is causing this compile issue.
 > >   > >   > > Could you look into this?
 > >   > >   > >
 > >   > >   > > Geoffrey De Belie
 > >   > >   > >
 > >   > >   > >
 > >   > >   >
 > >   > >   > Are you sure that dpkg-buildpackage is installed? (dpkg-dev binary package)
 > >   > >   >
 > >   > >   > --
 > >   > >   > Benoît Minisini
 > >   > >   >
 > >   > >
 > >   > > Yes, version 1.16.10ubuntu1 of dpkg-dev is installed.
 > >   > >
 > >   > > Geoffrey De Belie
 > >   > >
 > >   > >
 > >   >
 > >   > What happens if you manually run the following in a terminal (in your
 > >   > home directory for example)?
 > >   >
 > >   > $ fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -d
 > >   >
 > >   > And then in the '/home/mint/Documenten/niceadd-0.0.1' directory?
 > >   >
 > >   > --
 > >   > Benoît Minisini
 > >   >

 > > Home directory, command fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -d (root or non-root is the same result):
 > >
 > > getopt: invalid option -- 'd'
 > > fakeroot, create a fake root environment.
 > >     usage: fakeroot [-l|--lib fakerootlib] [-f|--faked fakedbin]
 > >                     [-i file] [-s file] [-u|--unknown-is-real]
 > >            [-b|--fd-base fd] [-h|--help] [-v|--version]
 > >                     [--] [command]
 > >
 > > Same result for project directory of niceadd.
 > >
 > > Maybe fakeroot/dpkg-buildpackage depreciated the -d option and after that, removed it?
 > >
 > > Geoffrey De Belie
 > >

 > I don't understand: the '-d' option is documented in the
> [...]

I just installed Linux Mint, without special things :) It's fakeroot version 1.18.4 (fakeroot -v shows this information)
Even with fakeroot 1.19 from Debian Sid (see http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fakeroot/fakeroot_1.19-2_amd64.deb), the problem persists.

It's weird however that the same version of fakeroot can work or cannot work, therefore I think it's more related to config files or old/wrong files (which probably come from the ppa version of gambas).

Geoffrey De Belie