[Gambas-devel] gambas wiki db scheme

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...176...
Tue Sep 18 22:19:32 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> Le 18/09/2012 21:48, Sebastian Kulesz a écrit :
>> Hi! Is it possible to get the scheme (or better, a partial dump) of
>> the wiki's database? I'm trying to add a discussions page for each
>> wiki entry, but it's proven hard without a database to debug.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> I have started to make a new wiki, but nothing really important at the
> moment.
>
> It will be based on the markup language defined in the IDE for writing
> help comments.
>
> Maybe should we go in that direction?
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

I like the idea as it unifies comment syntax. But is it viable to
convert the whole wiki? I believe you wrote (if not, you should do it
now) a module to convert old pages, is it 100% safe? (maybe compare
the html output to verify the success of each page).

If the rewrite is going to happen, i suggest an MVC approach,
currently, there are >5000 loc on a single file! Divide and conquer. I
was going to suggest a rewrite, but why change something that works?
The only downside is that adding a feature is really hard.

You should also be careful with the url pattern implemented now. To
the end user, *nothing* should change. I'm saying this mostly because
of search engines. Also note that the IDE uses a special url pattern
to display inline help and changing it would break previous versions.

Maybe we should discuss this on the irc channel.

Anyway, if you need any help, let me know, i like the challenge ;)