[Gambas-devel] gb.gui.base packaging

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Oct 27 12:08:59 CEST 2012

Le 27/10/2012 11:10, José Luis Redrejo Rodríguez a écrit :
> 2012/10/27 Sebastian Kulesz <sebikul at ...176...>
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> The recent commit for the new gb.gui.base broke the daily builds ppa
>> packages. My first guess is that it should be included with the gb.gui
>> package, right? The thing is, gb.gui depends both on gb.qt4 AND
>> gb.gtk. Should i create a separate package and make it a dependency of
>> gb.gtk and gb.qt4 separately?
>> I wanted to ask so all gambas packages out there follow the same standard.
>>

> Hi Sebastian
> I'm afraid I don't know what you mean.
> Recent commit?
> Last time gambas3 packages where uploaded to Debian was in May, 24th.
> I'm not an Ubuntu user and don't know how the ppa packages are done, but
> I'm sure I haven't commited any package recently.
>

>> * Another thing, you should add gb.gui.base to the order file:
>> comp/src/order
>>

> We'll take a look to your advices to see if they fit with the gambas
> packaging guidelines and Debian Policy.
> Thanks.

Hi, José.

Nice to have news about you! :-)

I have sent you a mail about Debian Gambas packaging (07-28-2012), which
is broken, and so prevent any package made by the Gambas IDE to work on
Debian and all Debian derivatives. Did you get it?

The gambas binary packages structure is described in the wiki page "how
to package gambas". By not following it, things do not work, and all
Debian, Ubuntu, Mint... users have to compile Gambas by hand, or use
extra binary packages made by people like Sebastian.

Thanks.

--
Benoît Minisini